INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THIS PROJECT
- The guitar intro and outro of the song is actually a recording of Reed practicing his guitar taken from his iPhone after he passed.
- Some of the officers depicted in the film played a role that contributed to the arrest of Reed’s dealer.
- The actress playing “mom” is a real-life friend of Reed’s mom and knew Reed nearly his whole life.
- The actor playing “Reed” is Tee Cad’s son, who also battled severe anxiety and depression when he was Reed’s age.
- The masked antagonist represents Reed’s demons; his addiction, his anxiety, his tempter, his dope dealer.
- The home video clips (including the end) are of Reed.
- This project memorializes Reed Bartosh’s tragic true story. Reed was an extraordinarily kind teen who loved to play music, but who also fell into the grip of anxiety. Soon, his severe anxiety led to addiction, and ultimately to his tragic demise. Reed was someone I tried to help out of his struggle alongside his indefatigable parents but failed. When my only son was Reed’s age, he battled severe depression and anxiety as well, so this story hits even harder. Reed’s parents remain good friends and we share this story so that others might take action and save lives. Know that this can happen to anyone. – Tee Cad
Learn more about Reed here:
Podcast featuring Reed’s parents, Billy Bartosh & Melissa Page: https://youtu.be/8JUdHjJNkrc
CREDITS AND SPECIAL THANKS
Tee Cad (feat. Lou Charle$)
VERY SPECIAL THANKS (businesses that contributed – Please check them out!)
Blackland Distillery https://blacklandfw.com/home
M2G Ventures https://www.m2gventures.com
Hope Farm, Inc. https://hopefarmfw.org
BACKSTORY HIGHLIGHT: DARIAN HADLEY
This is one of my most important creative endeavors; to produce original, socially impactful short films to music that also feature deserving people who may not otherwise have an opportunity to gain experience in the arts of music or film production.
This impactful project not only memorializes Reed’s tragic story but also features a talented young man, Darian Hadley as our Assistant Director. Darian was raised by a single mother in a low-income neighborhood but applied himself at “Hope Farm”, an after-school mentoring and leadership program that serves children of incarcerated or murdered parents. Hope Farm helped him succeed through school and get him into college, where he is currently working on his B.A. in Mass Communication. After graduation, Darian aspires to move to New York to pursue a career in filmmaking. We are so excited to see what he can do to change the world!
– Tee Cad
HELP US CONNECT
Share your email to be the first to learn about our next project!
DOWNLOAD the song and FOLLOW Tee Cad on social: